*Please see below (scroll down) for all upcoming Teacher Training Course dates, including RYT200 and RYT500 Advanced Courses.
YOGA & Pilates Teacher Training
“Y.E.S.” East to West Yoga Exercise Specialist Part 1 Certificate and Part 2 Certification:
- Yoga Exercise Specialist Part 1 Certificate Course: FALL 2015 Date TBA
- Yoga Exercise Specialist Part 2 Certification: Saturday May 2/15 (10:30 am – 4:00 pm) – Sunday May 3, 2015 (9 am – 3 pm)
- Y.E.S.II Includes Written EXAM and Practical Assessment
“P.M.I.” East to West Pilates Mat Instructor Part 1 Certificate and Part 2 Certification:
- Pilates Mat Instructor Part 1 Certificate Course: TBC
- Pilates Mat Instructor Part 2 Certification Course: Saturday – 10:30 am – 5 pm; Sunday -9 am – 4 pm DATE TBC
*A minimum of 5 students are required for these programs to take place at Heartsong Studio
Yoga Teacher Training: Advanced Teacher Training (RYT200) Programs here at Heartsong!
The East to West Yoga 350-hour Certification Programs are registered with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 level. Elizabeth Hagan is the East to West Yoga School Ottawa Region Teacher Trainer. The Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program – EWYT350-RYT200 consists of eight, twenty hour-long courses held once a month for eight months. Prerequisites to taking these advanced courses is East to West Y.E.S. Certification. (Students who are keen and wish to register for these Advanced Programs, but have perhaps ‘missed’ taking YES I & II, can start the RYT200 Program, and then take the YES I & II within the 8-month period before Weekend #8 Graduation. Elizabeth tries her best to accommodate all enthusiastic instructors)
The dates for the next session of 2014-2015 RYT200 Courses are as follows:
Times: Saturday from 10:30 am – 6 pm, and Sundays from 9 am – 6 pm
- Advanced Anatomy & Alignment: September 13-14, 2014
- Classical Hatha Sequencing I: October 18-19, 2014 *No course in month of November
- Teaching Methodology II, Voice & Language, Partner Yoga: December 6-7, 201
- Teaching Methodology I, Use of Props, Basic Sanskrit for Yoga Instructors: January 10-11, 2015
- Vinyasa Sequencing: Feb. 7-8, 2015
- Pranayama, Teaching Practicum, Ayurveda & Nutrition: March 28-29/2015
- Raja Yoga of the Mind, Mantra in Yoga, Advancing Yoga Postures: April 25-26, 2015
- Chakric Yoga, Deepening your own Sadhana, The Business of YOGA; Graduation Ceremony: May 23-24, 2015
*A minimum of 6 students (max 15) are required for this 8 month long advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program to proceed at Heartsong Studio.
Upcoming Heartsong/ East to West RYT500 Programs (Available to all RYT200 Instructors):
*A minimum of 5 students (max 15) are required
-Saturday – 10:30am – 6:00 pm and Sunday – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Teachers in Training at Heartsong!
East to West / Heartsong RYT500 YOGA Teacher Training 2014
East to West / Heartsong RYT200 YOGA Graduates April 2014
RYT200 2014 Graduates from left, Posy Bennett, Paige Kearney and Pat Hawkins, and missing
from this picture is RYT200 Graduate Rachael Hedley.
East to West / Heartsong RYT200 YOGA Graduates April 2013
This is a photo of this year’s RYT200 YOGA Instructors Graduation Class taken at Lizzie and Murray’s house on April 21, 2013
Bottom Row: RYT200 Graduate Stephanie Dinan, Teacher Trainer Elizabeth Hagan, RYT200 Graduate Joy Plohman
Top Row: RYT200 Graduate Aly Beanish, RYT200 Graduate Danielle Godfrey, RYT200 Graduate Lara Winnemore, and RYT200 Graduate Keri Knowles
East to West / Heartsong RYT200 YOGA Graduates June 2011
YOGA Instructors from left to right;
Mary-Jo Lewis, Rose-Marie Dolinar, Elizabeth Radley-Walters, Megan Justus, Lindsay Bourk, Megan Davis, circled around Teacher Trainer Elizabeth Hagan
“Yoga is the way to find the union of body, mind & spirit -that which in the 21st Century sometimes seems so elusive, yet that which is inherent in every single one of us.”